Replacing Your Roof Before It’s Too Late
Replacing Your Roof With Best Contractor
At Absolute Exteriors, we will ensure that your roof is in good condition with our best services. We don’t want you to be harmed by water damage, mold, or your house’s structure. That’s why we offer complete roof replacement services. If your roof is old or damaged beyond repair, let us know, and we’ll take care of it. Contact us at (630) 439-5298 and visit our website to see reviews from our clients.
The Average Lifespan Of A Roof
Most roofs last around 20 years, but if your ceiling is more than 10 years old, it’s time for a replacement. Roofs are made up of shingles (or tiles) from asphalt or fiberglass. These materials are meant to last for about 20 years before they need to be replaced. If your roof is older than that and you see signs of wear and tear, it’s time to look for roof repairs in my area!
Time For Replacing Your Roof
If your ceiling is older than 20 years, it may be time for a replacement.
If you’ve had the same ceiling for a long time, it is old and worn out and needs fixing. If you’ve had the same ceiling for more than 20 years, it’s time to get a new covering you haven’t already.
Your roof protects your home from the elements and keeps your family safe. When a house is old, some of the problems that come with being old start to show up. Leaks in your ceiling or walls, mold growing on the floor. The water that comes through the broken shingles can cause scum and residue to build up on the outside vents. It can damage your home and lower its value. Replacing your roof will protect you from these problems and also help your home last longer.
Several Factors To Consider When Replacing Your Roof
Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home. It’s what protects you and your family from the elements, and it’s what keeps your home safe from water damage. Even if you live in a dry climate, it’s still important to have a functional roof—after all, nobody wants to deal with leaky roofs or water damage!
But how do you know when it’s time to replace your roof? And how do you know if you should hire a professional or do it yourself? We’ve got some tips to help you out!
When It's Time To Replace Your Roof
First off, here are some signs that show your roof may need replacing:
- The shingles have curled up at the edges (this happens when they’re old)
- There are holes in the shingles or flashing (these are signs of old age)
- Your gutters aren’t working anymore (if this happens, it means that rainwater has been getting into your attic and causing damage)
- During rain, water leaks into your house, making black spots on the wall.
If you see any of these signs, it’s time to consider replacing your roof. But how do you know if you should replace it yourself or hire a professional?
A New Roof Can Add Value To Your Home
The roof is often the first part of your home that people see, and it’s also one of the most important. A new ceiling can add value to your home and improve its appearance, so it’s important to make sure you’re getting a quality product that will last.
When you’re shopping for a new roof, look for these qualities:
Roofs should be made with high-quality materials that can withstand harsh weather conditions for years.
If you want your roof not to break, look for the kind of materials that hold together the best. Also, if it has a strong connection between the boards and strong framing systems, it won’t break.
3. Energy Efficiency
Today, roofs come in a lot of different styles and kinds. They all help keep houses warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but each type does it differently.
4. Easy Installation
Do-it-yourselfers can install many roofs, but it’s always best to hire a professional residential general contractor to do the job to ensure it’s done.
Of course, you also want your new roof to look good! Choose a style and color that compliments the design of your home.
Keep these qualities in mind when shopping for a new roof, and you’re sure to find one that meets your needs and adds beauty and value to your home.
Replacing Your Roof Is A Big Investment
Replacing your roof is a big investment, but it will pay off in the long run.
It’s not just about keeping your home looking good or keeping it cool in the summer. Your roof is important because it protects your family and your belongings. If you don’t take care of it, there could be serious consequences:
- Water damage can cause mold to grow in your house. Mold can cause respiratory problems, allergies, and asthma attacks.
- If it leaks, it can cause a lot of damage to the structure of your home. This can lead to expensive repairs that you might have to pay for.
- If your covering is not in good condition, potential buyers will see this as a sign that the house is not worth as much.
The bottom line is that if you want to protect your home and your family, you must take care of your roof. Luckily, you can do a few things to prolong the life of your roof and avoid having to replace it prematurely.
What To Expect During The Roof Replacement Process?
The roof replacement process is a bit of a roller coaster. It can be exciting, frustrating, and stressful all at once! But don’t worry! We’re here to help you through it. Here’s what to expect:
- You will meet with an estimator who will come and assess your roof. They’ll talk with you about your problems, what kind of materials might work best for your home, and what kind of payment plan they offer.
- After the estimated roof replacement cost is complete, they’ll send it to their office and get back to you with a quote. It may take anywhere from 24 hours up to 7 days.
- If you like the price and terms of their proposal, we will get started right away! They will meet with their roofing crew in the house to see if it needs a new roof. You’ll then sign off on the contract, so we know exactly what needs doing!
- They’ll start installing new shingles on top of your existing ones (this is called “felting”). The inspection of your roof will take between one and two weeks. In the process they need to know how many layers need to be replaced because a new roof may have leaks.
- Once the new shingles are in place, they’ll nail them down and seal the edges. It is usually done within one day.
- After that, it’s time for the final inspection! They’ll go over the entire roof to ensure everything looks good and no leaks. Once you’re both happy, they’ll schedule a time for you to make the final payment.
And that’s it! Your new roof will be installed and should last you 15-20 years with proper maintenance.
Tips To Keep Your Roof Safe
Your new roof is going to last you a long time—but only if you take care of it. Here are some tips for keeping your new roof in tip-top shape:
- Clean your gutters regularly.
- Keep your yard trimmed and tidy, especially near the roofline.
- Use a leaf blower to clean off your roof after a storm (if there’s snow on the ground, wait until it melts). It will remove any dirt or debris that might have collected in the shingles and prevent leaks from occurring.
- Make sure all vents are clear of debris and water-tight so they don’t collect water that could cause damage down the line.
- Check your attic for leaks on a regular basis and have them repaired promptly if you find any.
- Get your roof inspected by a professional at least once a year to check for any potential problems.
By following these simple tips, you can extend the life of your roof and avoid costly repairs down the road. So don’t wait—take care of your roof today and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your home is well-protected. Look for a roof replacement company near you.
Roofing Company Help You Choose The Best Roof For Your Home
Is your roof looking a little old? It’s not just you. When was the last time you had your roof replaced? If it was 10 years ago or more, it’s probably time to give it some love again.
If you want a new roof, Absolute Exterior can help you. We’ll consider everything that matters to you (weather, property size, budget) and decide what kind of roof will be best.
At Absolute Exterior, we don’t just sell roofs; we install them. We don’t just tell you what kind of roof to get, but we also install it for you. That makes it easier for you. You can trust us because we’re professional, too.
So if it’s been a while since your last roof installation, or if this is your first time choosing a new one, give us a call today! We’d love to come out
It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially regarding home roof repairs. If you are worried about the condition of your roof, contact Absolute Exteriors today to learn more about our services. We will be more than happy to come to take a look and give you an estimate for replacement or repairs. Don’t wait until it is too late. Contact us now at (630) 439-5298.
Our Services At Absolute Exteriors:
Other Articles We’ve Chosen For You:
Frequently Asked Questions
The most significant disadvantage is that extreme cold temperatures and conditions can damage roofing materials. For example, shingles can only be installed in temperatures between 40 and 45 degrees.
Get the timing right. Roofers are most in demand in the late summer and fall. Roof replacement in late winter or early spring may result in lower prices or off-season discounts.
A new roof can only be installed over an old one if the old roof is completely flat and level. Curling shingles can be caused by a variety of factors; therefore, it is best to consult with a professional roofer to determine the cause and replace the shingle before proceeding with a re-roof.
The best temperatures for installing asphalt shingles are between 40 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit (4 And 26 Degrees C). If you install shingles in cold weather below these temperatures, your shingles may become brittle and more susceptible to breakage.
The fall season is the most common time for roof replacement. With mild temperatures in spring and consistent weather in early summer, fall is widely regarded as the best time of year to replace your roof.
Roofing materials will be less expensive during the winter months.
It is entirely possible to complete a successful roof replacement during the winter months. In fact, if you discover a significant leak or roof damage during the winter, we recommend replacing your roof as soon as possible to reduce the risk of further damage.
A new roof can increase the value of your home by increasing the selling price, selling time, and kerb appeal. A new roof can also improve the structural integrity and safety of your home while you are still living there.
The life of a roof is the number of years it will last. For a standard 3-tab asphalt shingle roof, that’s 25-years. As long as your roof has been properly ventilated and installed, you should be able to get close to that 25-year lifespan.